We’re nearly all volunteers at Portland Works, from those who come along to paint and clear up to the elected Directors.
We are looking for volunteers to help in all sorts of ways. We have a great band of volunteers who turn up on working and open days, but we always need more. You can give us an hour or two, or a regular slot if you’d prefer. We also need people to help with organising tasks too. Here are some opportunities you might be willing to do:
- Open day steward: No experience needed, training and briefing usually on the day of the event.
- Working days: Every so often we have a blitz and use a team of helpers to clear an area. Great fun, mucky but rewarding!
- Our Tuesday volunteers are currently renovating sections of the building – no skill needed, we will supervise and train you! Whether or not you have DIY or building skills, you’re more than welcome. All you need to bring is a set of working clothes.
Building and Management
- Join one of our many groups of volunteers in the Steering group, Marketing, Finance, Building and Management.
- Help with the new Portland Works book: Can you help with the history of Portland Works? Contact Anna on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whatever you do, you’ll get training where appropriate, and lots of support. And then there’s the ‘apres-work’ bit, the Portland Works group like to relax over a coffee, pint or a curry after a session helping so join us!
Contact our manager for more information.